Protecting your privacy when you visit this web site
In complying with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000, the Australian Medicare Local Alliance (AML Alliance) provides the following advice to users of this website about the collection, use, disclosure and storage of personal information.
The aim of this advice is to inform users of this site about:
- what personal information is being collected
- who is collecting personal information
- how personal information is being used
- access to personal information collected on this site
- security of personal information collected on this site.
What personal information is being collected
Unless this website asks for specific personal information in order to respond to requests for information or to register users for particular services, only the following information will be collected when you use this site:
- your server address
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages you accessed and the documents downloaded
- the previous site you visited
- the type of browser you are using.
This information is collected for statistical purposes and to enable us to improve the navigation functions of our website.
When you create an account for the online training package, you are asked to provide:
- Email address
- AHPRA number
- Your role, eg Practice Nurse
- Your practice setting, eg GP Super Clinic
- RACGP QI & CPD or ACRRM number
- Work post code
Who is collecting personal information
The above information is collected by our Internet Service Provider, iPrimus.
Where this site specifically asks for your personal information (for example to respond to requests for information or to register users for particular services), your personal information will only be collected by AML Alliance staff who have responsibility for responding to such requests or administering such registrations.
How is personal information used
Personal information collected on this website and when enrolling in and undertaking training will be used:
- to gain CPD points from accrediting bodies
- for statistical and evaluation purposes for the Coordinated Veterans’ Care (CVC) Program (de-identified information)
Personal information may be disclosed to accrediting bodies for accreditation purposes.
De-identified information may be disclosed to:
- the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) for CVC Program statistical and evaluation purposes
- Grosvenor Management Consulting for CVC Program evaluation
- sub-contractors Flinders University, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute and Australian Practice Nurses Association for information and statistical purposes related to the training.
Your personal information will not be added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your consent.
This website only uses session cookies and only during a search query of the web site. Our Internet Service Provider has assured us that no cookies are employed on this website except for those associated with the search engine. The website statistics for this site are generated from the web logs as outlined above.
Upon closing your browser the session cookie set by this website is destroyed and no personal information is maintained which might identify you should you visit our website at a later date.
Cookies can be either “persistent” or “session” based. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer, contain an expiration date, and may be used to track your browsing behaviour upon return to the issuing website. Session cookies are short-lived, are used only during a browsing session, and expire when you quit your browser.
Access to personal information collected on this site
Unless required by law to do so AML Alliance will only disclose personal information collected on this site to a third party if consent has been provided.
Security of personal information collected on this site
This site does not provide facilities to guarantee the secure transmission of information across the Internet. Whilst reasonable efforts are used to provide security, users should be aware that there are inherent risks in the transmission of information across the Internet.